HISTORIC MARKER SUCCESS!
The Bleecker Historical Society is pleased to announce that our application to the William G. Pomeroy Historic Roadside Marker Program was successful. In 2013-2014, the Pomeroy Foundation funded markers across New York State for sites of historical significance within the time frame 1740-1914. Our marker, the first Pomeroy sign to be placed in Fulton County, commemorates Bleecker's District No. 3 School, located on Lily Lake Road. Built in 1873, the building now houses The Old School Museum, which last year celebrated the 140th anniversary of the structure. The marker is currently under construction by Catskill Castings of Bloomville, NY, so please stay tuned for an announcement about our dedication ceremony!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BULLETIN
The Bleecker Historical Society is pleased to announce the BHS Bulletin, a monthly email detailing our upcoming meeting dates, program topics, special events and other news. You do not need to be a member to subscribe. To sign up for the BHS Bulletin, please click the "Subscribe" tab above.
The Bleecker Historical Society is now accepting donations for our historical collections. Please click on the "Collections" tab above to download an application, or call us at 518-863-6134 for further information.